Best Ever Strom Therapy "Live" Book Review Events - Spring Series 2018
- Second Wednesdays of the Month from 12:30 - 1:30 pm
- Location: Tanna Strom's Office, 5228 E 69th Pl, Tulsa - Use Directions Provided as GPS Does Not Guide into Office Complex Correctly
- Bring Your Lunch If You So Wish, Drinks & Snacks Provided
- Summary Handout of Key Points of Book Being Reviewed Will Be Provided
- Book Does Not Have To Be Purchased or Read
- Limited to 8 Participants, So Reserve Your Spot ASAP
- Three SEPARATE Events, Must Reserve for Each Separate Book Review Event
- $15 Per Book Review Event - Reserves Your Spot
- Payment Must Be Made Via Credit Card By Phone 918-749-1550 or By Check sent to Tanna Strom, 5228 E. 69th Pl, Tulsa, OK 74136 BEFORE Each Event
- PRE-REGISTRATION & PRE-PAYMENT is Needed for Each Book Review
- Tanna Strom LMFT, LPC-S, RPT-S, CCPS will Lead the Book Reviews
Contact to Check on Space Availability BEFORE Paying for Book Reviews:
Tanna Strom, LMFT, LPC-S, RPT-S, CCPS
Schedule for Spring 2018 Live Book Reviews
The New Brian Science of Contentment, Calm and Confidence
Dr. Rick Hanson, PhD
Wednesday, April 18, 12:30 - 1:30 pm
Friday, April 16, Registration and Payment Deadline
Dr. Hanson is a neuropsychologist and best selling author. Hanson says his book focuses on how our simple day experiences have the power to change our brain for the better. Our brain has a natural negativity bias for survival. The book targets how our positive experiences can meet our needs for safety, satisfaction, and connection.
To "Take in The Good" and retain it, Hanson has developed HEAL: 1) Have a positive experience 2) Enrich 3) Absorb 4) Link It
The goal is to decrease the negative thoughts and "Take in The Good" and increase your happiness.
Hold Me Tight
Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
by Dr. Sue Johnson
Wednesday, May 9, 12:30 - 1:30 pm
Friday, May 4, Registration and Payment Deadline
Dr. Johnson is the founder of Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT). She is a researcher and clinical psychologist of 30 years. She trains and speaks internationally. Her focus is on healthy adult attachment and forming secure connection between a couple. Each chapter has an exercise for couples to do together. It is written for the general public and is intended to assist in healing and enhancing relationships.
The Whole Brain Way to Calm the Chaos and Nurture Your Child's Developing Mind
by Dr. Daniel Seigel, M.D. & Tina Payne Bryson, Ph.D.
Wednesday, June 13, 12:30 - 1:30 pm
Friday, June 8, Registration & Payment Deadline
Dr. Dan Siegel and Tina Payne Bryson philosophy is one of discipline being about teaching and finding ways to communicate respectfully that engages with the child's developing brain. They use the concept of connect - redirect.
Chapters include the following:
- ReTHINKING Discipline
- Your Brain on Discipline
- From Tantrum to Tranquility: Connection is the Key
- No-Drama Connection in Action
- 1-2-3 Discipline: Redirecting for Today, and for Tomorrow
- Addressing Behavior: As Simple as R-E-D-I-R-E-T
Individualized Classes & Workshops for Your Group or Organization
My classes and workshops are now available for your group or organization. Information presented will be modified to specifically meet unique needs.
I present to church classes or retreats, schools - for parents or for teachers, organizations - small or large, adapting what every the specific group needs that are identified.
Below is a partial listing of what I have done in the past as to workshops and classes. I am able to do others. Just check in with me and I will see if I can be of help to you. If I cannot, I will be happy to try to recommend another professional if possible.
For Parents and Mental Health Professionals:
Positive Guidance and Discipline
Self Esteem Building
Positive Communication / Interaction for Parents and Children
How to Talk to Kids So Kids Will Listen and Listen So Kids Will Talk
Siblings without Rivalry
For Mental Health Professionals:
Integrated Non Directive and Directive Play Therapy
Sand Tray Therapy
Filial Parent / Child Therapy
Family Play Therapy
Working with Parents
Pictures from a Family & Children's Services Workshop on Family Play Therapy
Staff at Therapyworks Listening to Presentation on Positive Guidance & Discipline
Compassion Fatigue, Trauma and Self Care for Counseling Professionals
for The Oklahoma Counseling Association
at Southwestern OK State University