Happy, Strong, Confident You
Connected, Loving, Peaceful Relationships
VIRTUAL THERAPY OFFERINGS FOR ALL OF OKLAHOMA
Hipaa Compliant, Secure, Interactive, Online Video Counseling in NOW Available
My online video counseling is available for Individuals, Couples and Family Therapy. Children and Adolescents can participate in this platform with parental consent, starting at age 5, with a screening These sessions are confidential and secure. Online services are available for OK residents. For more information, go to the menu on this website and click on the tab, Online Video Counseling. Also, I am happy to talk with you about this by phone or email.
Coming in the Future - Hybrid Practice of Online and In Person
I love both online and in person therapy. There are advantages to both. At this time I am only doing VIRTUAL. But I do plan to go back to having an IN PERSON option. I do not know when, but it a future goal.
Many have enjoyed online counseling with the following advantages:
1. NOT HAVING TO TRAVEL to and from, SAVING TIME in this very busy world. This makes therapy less stressful.
2. It is ONE LESS EXPOSURE in a closed indoor environment during a time with the Corona Virus is still active. For some this is still a concern.
3. FREEDOM to have sessions from home or a private space from one's office.
4. If BORDERLINE ILL can still do therapy. Or if BAD OK WEATHER. Or TRANSPORTATION issues. Or a SICK CHILD OR AILING PARENT IN HOME. Or NO BABYSITTER.
5. NO GAS MONEY NEEDED.
6. Virtually can SERVE ALL OF OKLAHOMA, which includes remote areas that have limited or no therapy services available.
Hi. My name is Tanna Strom and I am a Licensed Marital and Family Therapist. I consider myself a Relationship Therapist but I also feel strongly about individual well being and see them as very interconnected. Thus I see individuals, couples and families.
I am in private practice as a solo practitioner. I love what I do and I feel my therapy work is my life purpose. My services are available for the whole family. I enjoy the mix of couples with relationship issues, family work with parents & their children or teens and then the one on one work with individuals of all ages. As a highly experienced licensed therapist, I feel I am very adept at structuring sessions that are helpful and effective.
My specialty areas include:
Individual Well Being
- Increasing Self Esteem & Developing Self Confidence
- Coping Strategies for Adjustment & Transition
- Reduction of Stress & Anxiety
- Decreasing Depression
- Healing from Grief & Loss
- Recovering from Abuse
- Healing from Trauma
- Developing Regulation of Emotions
- Improving Communication
- Strategies for Peaceful Conflict Resolution
- Creating Intimacy and Connection
- Assessing for Marriage or Continuing Relationships
- Positive Parenting Strategies for Children &; Adolescents
I work with my clients collaboratively to find concrete, practical solutions to the problems they wish to address. Each individual, couple or family is unique which means their sessions will be unique.
My other licensure as a Licensed Professional Counselor / Supervisor allows me to act as a supervisor for LPC Candidates who are in supervision to become licensed counselors. I enjoy helping those under supervision to find their own unique strengths and talents. I also do supervision for therapists who are in the process of becoming a Registered Play Therapist. I have found being an RPT-S to be invaluable in my work with children.
In addition, I am a Clinical EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques} Certified Practitioner. Many call this "tapping". My clients have found this mind/body approach to be very helpful. I am so excited about my EFT. It a evidence based treatment with over 100 research studies to back it up. This modality can help with: Stress Reduction, Trauma, Anxiety, Phobias, Depression, Emotional Regulation, and Well Being and Life Goals.
I would be happy to talk with you by phone about your specific situation to see if we are a good fit. Please call if I can answer any questions.
Photo Credits: Girl with Leaf by Gabby Orcutt. Woman in Pickup by Averie Woodard. Couple with Sparklers by Ian Schneider.